Gv tips - Horse racing tips

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gv tips - Horse racing tips

+12
richard s
Admin
GILLY56
Poz
davewp
GLENN1
shotleyskunk
winner1
grabut
Brad2908
jazzy
mugpunter
16 posters

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback - Page 17 Empty Re: Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Post by Admin Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:19 am

richard s wrote:Another great day, John, thanks very much. I like to do small multiples as well as the singles, keeping the total multiple stakes to 0.5points. With the 4 winners a L31 gave a pleasing return to follow the December Yankee.

One thing I notice is that the starter bee is sometimes recommending two horses in the same race, perhaps because she follows the market. I have no objection in principle to backing more than one horse as long as there is still value. That can be challenging, as even if we find the winner from,say, two 7/2 shots, the level stakes return is 5/4on total investment. What are your thoughts, please?

Backing 2 ,3 or even 4 horses in a race is something I'm happy to do so long as there is value in the bets and it puts the book in our favour. We back all the alerts ourselves so all members levels + the additional 3 pro levels so we are backing more than 1 horse in many races each day.If you were to follow all levels then you could be alerted a few or more in a single race but overall it is profitable.  Yesterday the bee starter alerts alerted Mops angel and Oasis spirit in the same race which resulted in the fc. Doing forecasts is something I have played around with in the past but I just didnt have the time to follow it and keep proper records. The bee often picks out the forecast and tricast but we have no records to show if it would be profitable. I also occasionally do jackpots and placepots with the bees alerts which have done quite well in the past. The forecast and placepots etc are done for small stakes for a bit of fun and I advise that anyone following backs them as singles as we have no records for other types of bets.

Jackpot meeting 25/09/14 - winner of every race

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback - Page 17 Img_0611
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback - Page 17 Empty Re: Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Post by richard s Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:42 am

Cheers, food for thought.
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Another good day, John, people must be getting blase if they don't say thanks for a 4 point profit. Did you include the non runner in the profit figure, as I made it 5.33?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:16 am

richard s wrote:Another good day, John, people must be getting blase if they don't say thanks for a 4 point profit. Did you include the non runner in the profit figure, as I made it 5.33?

I still make it 4.33pts profit , I think we have been a bit spoilt with the results lately and 4pts seems no big deal lol
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:51 pm

richard s wrote:Another good day, John, people must be getting blase if they don't say thanks for a 4 point profit. Did you include the non runner in the profit figure, as I made it 5.33?

If you pop on Twitter you'll find people praise john when he makes a profit bud, think you'll find no one takes profit for granted.
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:29 pm

I certainly don't! Not really a Twitter person myself so most social media stuff passes me by. At least I can't be cyber bullied as I never know what is being said...
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Nearly hit the mother load today, 2 winners and 2 finishing 2nd nearly trousered me 12.5k on the lucky 15 !! Yesterday was awful but class as they say is permanent. Cheers John
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:16 pm

lol Luke Morris is on fire these past days, think I'm going to start a system, backing all horses L Morris is riding haha.
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Luke is in fine form but following any jockey is a recipe for disaster in the long run. I do believe that there is potential in certain jockey/trainer combinations but you would still need to be selective about the horse.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Get us another 20/1 to start the boom train again :p
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm

thegodlynub wrote:Get us another 20/1 to start the boom train again :p

winners are due but cant promise a 20-1 Very Happy
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Well you nearly got a 25/1 there, if that race went off 10 times he would of won that at least 8/10 times. Was a poor ride with the jockey. If he wasn't blocked I think he would of completely smashed that field, really unlucky but I guess that's horse racing. Well done anyway was a great tip.
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 am

Does seem like we've all pissed someone off upstairs at the moment. 2nd's all over the place and a 25/1 shot hitting the post makes you wonder sometimes. Been doing the early birds for 8 months and have had a lot of ups and downs so it no biggie, John always pulls it back, it's in the mans DNA Shocked
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Boooooooooooooom! A much needed win! Hopefully that's fired up the boom train! We have Luke Morris on our last donkey, who else would be better than this chap to bring us home some money! Very Happy
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm

What a rollercoaster at the moment ! We either come 2nd, hit the last fence, get pipped on the line or be going backwards from the start ! Next time we nick races or run poorly and win I won't be saying we're lucky because as I see it, we're owed some luck big time.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Always rule 4 ruining my profits! :p does rule 4 only apply if there is a NR?
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Yes rule 4 kicks in when there is a non runner, the shorter the price at the time of withdrawal, the bigger the deduction. Means the bookie is not left refunding stakes on a well fancied horse while still having full liabilities on all the remaining runners. While we all resent this as punters it is not hard to envisage a scenario where colluding trainers could engineer a last minute withdrawal.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Should Ace Master of really been in that race? 6f and lead by 8-10L. Fixed if you ask me. But fair play for standard plus alerts on picking that up, seems like that Plus alerts is on fire ATM.

Does anyone know what's the maximum profit early alerts have earned in one day? I can't check my mobile takes 10minutes to open one page haha.

Question for admin, how come you didn't pick City of angkor wat for today's racing? It was Nr last week but ran today and won by 2+L. I normally back your NR when they next race and for me it seems profitable, etc Ned stark but you repicked him.
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 pm

That race makes a mockery of racing today. 6f and that horse wins by what !! 10 lengths ! Come on. Dunno what the best day was on the early alerts, had a few good ones although it's tough at the moment for obvious reasons.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Well I think I'll be backing Ace Master on it next run, even if he does get a massive penalty :p
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Any early alert selections for Wednesday, John?

Cheers
    Richard
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm

thegodlynub wrote:Well I think I'll be backing Ace Master on it next run, even if he does get a massive penalty :p

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it but the way things have been going recently something will pop out the pack and nail it. Yesterday one of the early alert horses couldn't even run the bend, last time anyone saw the poxy thing it was somewhere in Essex 8-)
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Just got 10 emails together, sorry to waste time!

Richard
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:14 pm

thegodlynub wrote:Should Ace Master of really been in that race? 6f and lead by 8-10L. Fixed if you ask me. But fair play for standard plus alerts on picking that up, seems like that Plus alerts is on fire ATM.

Does anyone know what's the maximum profit early alerts have earned in one day? I can't check my mobile takes 10minutes to open one page haha.

Question for admin, how come you didn't pick City of angkor wat for today's racing? It was Nr last week but ran today and won by 2+L. I normally back your NR when they next race and for me it seems profitable, etc Ned stark but you repicked him.

City of angkor wat was very close to qualifying for the early alerts but it wasnt quite one to do last night but the bee did find it today when it met all the required criteria for pro members.

The early alerts have had plenty of days when we have returned 10-15 pts profit but the best days are these

13/06/14

Majorities 9/2
    Connecticut 5/2
    Baraweez 7/2
    Rydan 6-1 ( best odds returns 10-1)
    Masterofdeception 2-1 ( best odds returns 9/4)
    Oasis Fantasy 5-1
    Souville 11/4

start 158.60pts
    returned 37.5pts
    stake 11pts
    profit 26.5pts

05/06/14

War Spirit 4-1 (r4 35p returns 3.6pts)
    Velox 13/2
    Belle Dor 4-1 (best odds 11/2)
    Asyad 11/8
    De Rigueur 14-1 (r4 20p returns 12.2pts)
    Roseburg 13/8 (r4 25p returns 2.2pts)

start 221.04pts
    returned 34.38pts
    stake 12pts
    profit 22.38pts

01/08/14

1:55 Pethers Moon 7/4
    4:15 Son Of Africa 14-1
    4:40 Hot Spice 11/4 (r4 25p returns 3.06pts)
    4:50 J Wonder 17/2 (r4 15p returns 8.22pts)
    5:10 Clubland 5/2 (r4 15p returns 3.12pts)

start 279.05pts
    returned 32.15pts
    stake 8pts
    profit 24.15pts

The standard plus alerts are doing well at the moment but you tend to find that all alert levels will have good runs and bad runs of results.
    The best way really is to have all alerts as they are all profitable but you do need to put the time in to be able to place all the bets. Today wasnt too bad as there wasnt too many alerts across all levels but on a busy day it is possible to be backing 30+ horses in a single day.
    I expect to return a level stake profit of well over 1000 pts this year across all alert levels so even if you were only backing them to £15 - £25 stakes it would still be returning a decent income.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:17 pm

richard s wrote:Just got 10 emails together, sorry to waste time!

Richard

Better late than never , just hope you havent missed the prices.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am