Gv tips - Horse racing tips

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gv tips - Horse racing tips

+12
richard s
Admin
GILLY56
Poz
davewp
GLENN1
shotleyskunk
winner1
grabut
Brad2908
jazzy
mugpunter
16 posters

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback - Page 19 Empty Re: Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Post by Admin Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 pm

thegodlynub wrote:I'm not on the bee hive so I wasn't aware of the tip it picked up, are the bee hive alerts and early alerts from the same system or completely different? Well done with that tip tho because it really was a great horse unless the rest of the field were poor, one of the two :p

Pretty much the same system , quite often the bee will find the same tips as the early alerts. The bee hive alerts are the tips that I follow because you need internet accounts for the early alerts and internet accounts never last long before they are restricted.
    The bee alerted Katkeau today at a lower price but I had quite a bit on it and it would have made today a good day if it had got the photo , I thought it had won Sad
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback - Page 19 Empty Re: Gv betting tips - Early alerts system results review and feedback

Post by thegodlynub Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Yea I saw that race, did you actually see the photo? Was the other horse actually in front because I thought katkeau just had it. Such a shame Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 pm

thegodlynub wrote:Yea I saw that race,  did you actually see the photo? Was the other horse actually in front because I thought katkeau just had it.  Such a shame Sad

watched the race and really thought we had it but didnt see the photo .. gutted
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:01 am

Enjoy your break, John, some near misses today and our luck must change soon. Is the early alert double the first time you have suggested a multiple?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 am

richard s wrote:Enjoy your break, John, some near misses today and our luck must change soon. Is the early alert double the first time you have suggested a multiple?

Yes ,first multiple but both qualify and with the amount of short prices tomorrow I thought it was worth a punt

good luck
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Enjoy your holiday, hopefully we can bash the bookies on your return.
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Think it's a good time for a break !!  Last four weeks have been up and down. Take out the couple of big winners we'd have been hit hard.  Don't think I'll be doing December/January and Feb in the future, they're very frustrating months.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:02 pm

I've looked into last 3 months, didn't go further so it might be different but it looks like backing any horse 3/1 and below don't seem to be worth it. Were 2 pts up from where we were a month and half ago and removing the horses 3/1 and below we would be up a lot more, didn't work out the exact as I'm on mobile so I could be way off. I'm hoping March will repeat itself :p last year 82pts in march :p

richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

I've been playing around with jockey/trainer combinations and had the first 3 winners at Plumpton today. You can find the stats on the Sporting Life site, some are predictable but if you scroll right down there are some awesome strike rates when certain smaller trainers employ AP. Certainly a lot better than when he rides for Jonjo and worth taking advantage while the man is still riding. I am looking for strike rates upwards of 25% and it's quite clear that some of the lesser known trainers will get a particular jockey on board when the horse is ready to win.

Worthwhiie having a look if you are planning to keep punting whiie J is away.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Haha I'm terrible at picking my own horses, I losse money and admin wins me money :p the only horses I pick are the NR's from admins picks and they do quite well :p I'll only back them if the distance is the same as when admin tipped them tho.
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 pm

Definitely stay with John in that case! I still enjoy picking my own although I keep stakes down. Wish I hadn't reduced stake today though, as I had Attain e/w at 40/1...
    shotleyskunk
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by shotleyskunk Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Delays on mails coming through on beehive today John , i realise you are on a break and probably cannot do much, but a selection has just arrived 3 hours late giving the winner of the 8-45 . mail was timed at 7-16 and turned up at 10-16
    dibble
    Novice
    Novice

Post by dibble Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the results would be on the early alerts backing to SP ?
    Or BFSP ?

Thanks
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Without checking back at the results it'll be tough, but I would say you'd defo be in a lose at sp, lower prices horse you might get away, but the big prices he tips and wins are mostly backed quite heavily. I honestly wouldn't bother with sp, instant game over.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Not much but rule 10 on spookydooky and call the cops.
    winner1
    Novice
    Novice

Post by winner1 Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 pm

thegodlynub wrote:Not much but rule 10 on spookydooky and call the cops.

no rule 4 deducted from my bet on call cops on bet placed last night with skybet. I think some bookies deduct and others dont depending on the price of the non runner.
    All have different rules / t&c
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm

I always wondered if the rules were the same, thats clears that up. my bet was placed with paddy power.
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Gotta say as good as the early alerts are sometimes 6/7 losing days on the spin and some really poor selections make this a poor period !!
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Admin, I assume that the early alerts has been used for a few years, unsure if you have the p/l of the previous years but does history repeat itself with the Early's? Comparing month to month are they similar or completely random?

Thanks
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 am

Perhaps unfair to describe selections as poor. About 10 points up in February, which is often a tough month, with bottomless ground playing havoc with form. If some of the many second placed horses had stuck their noses out things would have been very much better. I have an interest in several horses in training and although I do get information from the trainers-including some of the best in the business-I can assure you that they often have little more idea than I do about what is going to win.If you read the form, you'll tend to gravitate to the same selection as everyone else, which is the favourite. And backing favourites will slowly but inexorably lead to you losing your shirt.John has the ability to find the less obvious selections that win at a decent price.
    Pearso47
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by Pearso47 Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:13 am

richard s wrote:Perhaps unfair to describe selections as poor. About 10 points up in February, which is often a tough month, with bottomless ground playing havoc with form. If some of the many second placed horses had stuck their noses out things would have been very much better. I have an interest in several horses in training and although I do get information from the trainers-including some of the best in the business-I can assure you that they often have little more idea than I do about what is going to win.If you read the form, you'll tend to gravitate to the same selection as everyone else, which is the favourite. And backing favourites will slowly but inexorably lead to you losing your shirt.John has the ability to find the less obvious selections that win at a decent price.

Well I've watched every race in the last 8 punting days and the majority have been poor, whether it's the selections or the horses being off really it's neither here or there. Yesterday's picks were terrible !!! All 3 were beaten with a mile still too run. The system is a winner in the long run and always give credit but when they hit a bad run they truly are pretty bad.
    richard s
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by richard s Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 am

It's not easy. Of the press naps today, just one went in, at 12/5 for the Sheffield Star! We buy failed racehorses from time to time at Ascot sales and reschool them for eventing or showjumping, and they constantly find new ways to confound us. Mad, frustrating, but sometimes very rewarding creatures, and always beautiful.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 am

nooooo was really hoping we wouldn't get alert for 3.40 I already backed a different pony earlier in the day ;(. BTW can anyone tell me, rocket Ronnie was 16/1 earlier and now 9/2, when price drops that much in little time is it certain to assume this is some sort of cheat horse that's going to leave all horses in dust? Never seen a change like that in the market in so little time, do apologize if that sounds really stupid as I don't know nothing about this game :p

Good luck all :p

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:53 am

thegodlynub wrote:nooooo was really hoping we wouldn't get alert for 3.40 I already backed a different pony earlier in the day ;(. BTW can anyone tell me, rocket Ronnie was 16/1 earlier and now 9/2, when price drops that much in little time is it certain to assume this is some sort of cheat horse that's going to leave all horses in dust? Never seen a change like that in the market in so little time, do apologize if that sounds really stupid as I don't know nothing about this game :p

Good luck all :p

If you had managed to get odds of 16-1 then it would be a very good bet but at odds of 9/2 I wouldnt be getting involved, the value has gone. The horse has a chance having run in a better race with promise lto and with a clear run would have been much closer , on a fair handicap mark looks to have a good chance in what should be an open and competitive race.
    There are gambles like this every day and if you were to back them all at the lower odds after they have been backed in you would lose in the long term.
    thegodlynub
    Group 1
    Group 1

Post by thegodlynub Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Rocket ronnie isnt the horse I backed but now seems to be drifting.

Can you also tell me one more thing that makes no sense to me, I have googled but can't work it out, in the jockey/horse stats it gives weight etc 11.8, this can't be horse nor jockeys weight as its way to low to be the horse and seems high for the jockey considering their so small, so what is this? And is this stat important to take into account when picking?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 pm