Gv tips - Horse racing tips


    How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Share
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Fri May 02, 2014 9:56 am

    I have received these comments

    1) GV betting tips is getting very confusing

    2) Two many sections too many threads and scroll downs.

    I have removed the essential tips so these should no longer be visible, can you still see the essential tips or are you still getting alerts for these?

    Are you too finding the forum confusing an how can we improve?

    Any feedback will be appreciated

    Thank you

    GV John

    Tahsw19

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Tahsw19 on Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 am

    I think when you open the fourm it's only GV tips.

    Too many sections giving tips I get lost and confused.
    avatar
    fritos
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2014-04-28

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by fritos on Fri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm

    I thing the main headers are fine , although you could rename the early alerts system to something like GVbetting Early Tips, similar to Jevens11 Tips maybe that would stand out better.

    The only other thing is what I mentioned in another thread about having a Daily Racing Tips thread in the Horse Racing Members Tip so all the days tips from members are together, might get a bit of interaction going.

    You can run separate threads along side ,similar to A/W Tipping Thread from jeven11 & and my The Month of May threads which are a bit more long term. Smile
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Fri May 02, 2014 4:49 pm

    I think its now easy to understand, but because you were very open with everyone and explained what will be on offer there were too many tips too take in. I like how open you have been with people, racing is an hard game and its sods law that we havent had the best of luck so far. This was bound to happen as you were starting a new venture but as a punter you have to learn to take the bad days as well as we take the good days. Its not easy but things will turn our way very soon, i honestly dont think many people bet using a betting bank. Its vital too have a betting bank or it becomes a pressure situation which is no good. Winners are coming
    avatar
    fritos
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2014-04-28

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by fritos on Fri May 02, 2014 6:59 pm

    I have not followed your tips before but in 5 days you have tipped 28 horses and only 3 have won with a loss of about 17pts!!

    Is this normal?

    I do not mean to be critical but it really is not a very good start. Has your system had bad runs like this before?

    Hope things turn for you soon because even with a 50pt bank it cannot sustain many runs like this.

    All the best. Smile 
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Fri May 02, 2014 7:24 pm

    fritos wrote:I have not followed your tips before but in 5 days you have tipped 28 horses and only 3 have won with a loss of about 17pts!!

    Is this normal?

    I do not mean to be critical but it really is not a very good start. Has your system had bad runs like this before?

    Hope things turn for you soon because even with a 50pt bank it cannot sustain many runs like this.

    All the best. Smile 

    Hi fritos

    Well i have followed from the start and i can tell you at times i thought the guy was buying tomorrows paper. You are right things have to improve and they will, i have been betting for about 35 years and followed Timeform for many years and they have bad runs. I have known John have 5 out of 5, i think a 3 from 4 and 4 from 5 in a week so keep the faith.
    I really hope this forum is a success, John knows what he his doing and so does Jordan, they are both first class guys so all the tools are in place.
    This is a fantastic opportunity for us all because some sites are more focussed on members upsetting one another, im sure on here
    we will all help each other.
    Im studying hard fritos, i shall have some good uns tomorrow mate
    Good luck
    Graham

    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 pm

    fritos wrote:I have not followed your tips before but in 5 days you have tipped 28 horses and only 3 have won with a loss of about 17pts!!

    Is this normal?

    I do not mean to be critical but it really is not a very good start. Has your system had bad runs like this before?

    Hope things turn for you soon because even with a 50pt bank it cannot sustain many runs like this.

    All the best. Smile 

    fritos , I'm really sorry that you have chosen a bad time to start following but having losing runs are just always going to happen from time to time. I'm sure things will turn around and we will be hitting some winners soon. I have experienced worse than this and it can be really frustrating when we hit bad times but I always look at the betting results and profit over a long period and this year alone I'm still over 300pts in profit just off the early alerts and then the essential alerts are showing a massive profit. I would say that the vast majority of the tips even though they have been losing recently have all been well backed and vastly reduced in price so it is just a matter of time before we start winning again.

    jazzy
    Listed
    Listed

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by jazzy on Fri May 02, 2014 8:22 pm

    I am a little worried about the "early alerts" thread too.

    But I am hanging in there and following your strict rules ! I'm sure the good days must surely be around the corner !!

    What I can't understand is how can a horse (she's noble) be tipped everywhere and go from 3/1 into odds on fav and run so badly and was never even in the race...Looked dodgy to me !!

    Anyway keep them coming mate you'll turn it round ! :-)
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Fri May 02, 2014 8:36 pm

    grabut wrote:I think its now easy to understand, but because you were very open with everyone and explained what will be on offer there were too many tips too take in. I like how open you have been with people, racing is an hard game and its sods law that we havent had the best of luck so far. This was bound to happen as you were starting a new venture but as a punter you have to learn to take the bad days as well as we take the good days. Its not easy but things will turn our way very soon, i honestly dont think many people bet using a betting bank. Its vital too have a betting bank or it becomes a pressure situation which is no good. Winners are coming

    Thanks Graham , you are right about the betting bank and I have for sometime now run quite a few separate banks. I have a separate bank for each day of the week and a separate betting bank for each of the alert types (early alerts/essential alerts). Its more psychological really but it works for me , it cuts out losing runs from the same bank which really helps in times like this. I feel for anyone who has just started following as this is by far the worst spell since I made my tips public.
    avatar
    fritos
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2014-04-28

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by fritos on Fri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

    Cheers John & Graham for your replies. Cool 

    John , It does indeed appear to be a bad time to start, let us hope you can turn it around.Good luck. 

    Graham , I too hope this forum is a success and hope we can keep it a friendly and grown up site without all the childish antics of other sites. Good luck

    I will do my best to contribute some winners for us all to share. Smile

    mugpunter
    Listed
    Listed

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by mugpunter on Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 pm

    Just like to say thanks to John for what he's doing here with this forum.  Just to say I saw some of his tips earlier in the year on another forum and following them was amazing.  

    Been a good week for me as I'm really starting to appreciate how important the message regarding the betting bank and level stakes really is. In the past a bad run has seen me attempting to cover my loses until I'm broke, any winnings are wiped out quickly as I increase stakes trying to be billy big bollocks going for the big time, rinse and repeat, time after time.

    Big step for me this week, I think I've seen how to play the longer game and still be in with a shout when the winners come and I know they will.

    Good Luck everyone

    jazzy
    Listed
    Listed

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by jazzy on Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 am

    mugpunter wrote:Just like to say thanks to John for what he's doing here with this forum.  Just to say I saw some of his tips earlier in the year on another forum and following them was amazing.  

    Been a good week for me as I'm really starting to appreciate how important the message regarding the betting bank and level stakes really is. In the past a bad run has seen me attempting to cover my loses until I'm broke, any winnings are wiped out quickly as I increase stakes trying to be billy big bollocks going for the big time, rinse and repeat, time after time.

    Big step for me this week, I think I've seen how to play the longer game and still be in with a shout when the winners come and I know they will.

    Good Luck everyone

    Here here !!
    I second that...as that's been my problem since I started betting a couple of years ago !
    I've had some nice wins...couple of k, but they won it back in the end :-(
    This time, I'm showing no mercy and I am gonna beat them in the end by following johns "early alert thread"...
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 am

    Saturdays are generally tough but i got a good feeling about today, good luck to all
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 pm

    grabut wrote:Saturdays are generally tough but i got a good feeling about today, good luck to all

    Well we have got a bit back today, not brilliant but we have stopped the slide and are now going in the right direction.

    Well done john  Very Happy 
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Sat May 03, 2014 4:59 pm

    grabut wrote:
    grabut wrote:Saturdays are generally tough but i got a good feeling about today, good luck to all

    Well we have got a bit back today, not brilliant but we have stopped the slide and are now going in the right direction.

    Well done john  Very Happy 

    Yes going the right way and what a well backed horse to put us in profit. Graham I tried to send you a pm but I don't think its sent , if you want to send me a pm I will try and reply and see if that works.

    Graham just checked and its now in my sent box so you should have a pm Very Happy 
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Sun May 04, 2014 6:41 pm

    I cant believe our luck at present, its got to improve, id love this site to be a success. I dont know John anymore than anyone on here but i was very interested in how he kept finding winners, im always sceptical  Neutral . I now try to bet in a very similar way and keep finding winners and this is honestly down to John, im now confident that i will soon win one of the competitions. However at present we have hit a brick wall and it cant be easy for anyone thats just started.

    Good luck guys

    jazzy
    Listed
    Listed

    Posts : 36
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by jazzy on Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 pm

    I have tried simple formulas myself but in the end I lose my betting bank.

    Just before John started this I watched him pick winners after winners so decided to follow...onto here.

    Now I'm following he has hit a dry patch...maybe its me...maybe I'm a jinx !!

    I'm going to hang in there because I know if I stop the winners will come in.

    Keep picking them John...they will come good for you soon enough!!
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 pm

    jazzy wrote:I have tried simple formulas myself but in the end I lose my betting bank.

    Just before John started this I watched him pick winners after winners so decided to follow...onto here.

    Now I'm following he has hit a dry patch...maybe its me...maybe I'm a jinx !!

    I'm going to hang in there because I know if I stop the winners will come in.

    Keep picking them John...they will come good for you soon enough!!


    Stay with it jazzy, your no jinx mate, life always gives you a kick down below when you think your onto something good. Its not that long ago when i couldnt believe Johns strike rate, i thought Jesus had come back.
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Sun May 04, 2014 7:22 pm

    The winners will come , we are backing horses at decent prices and they are mostly going off a lot shorter in the betting. The formula is the same and that part is working but we have been very unlucky , I'm still confident that in the next 6-8 weeks we will be on at least 200+ pts profit.
    Even if some of you abandon the early alerts system don't abandon the betting rules as its the only possible way to profit from betting. PRICE PRICE that's the only advantage the bookie has so if you get the value you greatly improve your chances of winning.

    davewp
    Novice
    Novice

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by davewp on Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

    I have every confidence that by sticking with John we will see the winners return.
    We all go through bad periods.
    Personally I have doubled my betting bank since following John's betting rules.
    Keep the selections coming John.
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Mon May 05, 2014 7:48 am

    davewp wrote:I have every confidence that by sticking with John we will see the winners return.
    We all go through bad periods.
    Personally I have doubled my betting bank since following John's betting rules.
    Keep the selections coming John.


    Yes Dave i agree, lets hope we have a good day today.

    Good luck all
    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm

    Back of the net, come on !
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 2451
    Join date : 2014-04-26

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Admin on Tue May 06, 2014 6:02 pm

    It's just a case of keeping your nerve and plugging on really , we can't lose long term and today has pulled us a bit back. The vast majority of horses we advise get well backed and its then the maths involved in the system will generate us a profit.
    Remember the bookies primary tool to beat us is PRICE and that is what we need to use to beat the bookie. It's all about the odds and if you beat the bookies odds you win. Bookies make approx 10-15% on the book at sp so if you beat the sp odds you will win , its all maths.
    Lets use heads or tails as an example , if we flip a coin and we price it wrong and you get £1 for tails and I get £2 for heads then by the law of averages I must win even if you win the first 50 flips I will eventually come out as the eventual winner. If I hit a losing run should I quit when the odds are clearly in my favour? Many would because it can be heart breaking to lose , that or loss of confidence.

    Today we had 2 winners but just look at the 2 losers
    Best Kept 5-1
    Secret Missile 8-1

    The sp on these 9/4 & 4-1 , so by the laws of averages if you keep backing them you must win long term.

    avatar
    grabut
    Group 2
    Group 2

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by grabut on Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

    I thought we was going to have a cracking day, but I know one will come soon. Its been a good day anyway so onwards and upwards.
    Good luck to us all

    mugpunter
    Listed
    Listed

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2014-04-27

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by mugpunter on Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 pm

    Well done today, up and onwards  cheers

    Sponsored content

    Re: How are you finding using the forum , how can we improve?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:55 pm